George’s Gateway Club
George’s Gateway club was a mere shack in the late 1940s. It was a simple structure with a neon sign. This was good for business back then. In 1955, Bill Harrah bought the club for half a million dollars and revamped it to have a better look. He also changed the name to Harrah’s Lake Club. A year later, he sold the property to Harvey’s for more than five million dollars, making a significant profit. To date, it operates as Harvey’s Lake Tahoe.